Friday, August 7, 2009

Life Lessons from Books.


Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert is a great book that I can only give positive reviews. However, I would advise anyone who picks it up not to rush it. It took me about a year to finish this book, not because it was a hard read, but instead of blazing through the book like usual, I savored it; letting it help me understand life. I personally believe that sometimes we stumble across books, songs, or people who are in our lives to help us find truth, clarity, acceptance or appreciation. Sometimes the most random things will teach us important life lessons. This is exactly what Eat. Pray. Love. did for me; rather than forcing myself to finish the book in one sitting I took my time and read each section with ease. By the time I finished I realized there was a direct correlation between the struggles I was facing at that time and Gilbert's struggle at that specific point in Gilbert's journey. This book is split into 3 sections - Gilbert describes it as eating her way through Italy, praying in India, and finding a balance and understanding of love in Indonesia. A wonderfully written testimony of one woman's journey to find understanding and balance in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment