Sunday, December 21, 2008

Favorite Quotes...

Three years ago I became obsessed with inspirational quotes. Now I keep a journal filled with any quote that I feel provides insight or meaning to me and my life; whether they're words spoken by a friend or lyrics from a song. I want to share a few of my favorite quotes:

"Be who you are, say what you feel,
because the people who mind don't matter
and the people who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

This is my all time favorite quote. This quote helped me realize that at the time I was too focused on fitting in with others and lost sight of who I was. As simple as this quote may be I feel it expresses the importance of being true to yourself. I found this quote at the perfect time in my life which provides even more of an impact.



"Take chances, take a lot of them because honestly, no matter where you end up & with who, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make who you are. You learn & grow with each choice you make. Everything's worth it. Say how you feel always. Be you & be ok with it."

I am no where near perfect. I have made many mistakes, and years ago I would have wanted to turn back time and fix them but today I know better. I know that if I went back in time I would end up making the same mistake over again because at the time I didn't know better and I thought I was making the right choice.



"I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara I could save the world."

This quote is slightly more personal because I feel it describes me to an extent. Since I was a little girl I have been obsessed with Disney Princesses and I've always liked superheros and helping others. I want to help others any way possible and I really just want to make a difference in the world - any way possibly. I recently became a vegetarian because it's a more sustainable lifestyle and I feel it's the way I can help save the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment