Thursday, January 21, 2010

Brace Yourself...

Recently I've noticed that I have WAY too much going on inside my head. Over the past month I've thought of numerous topics to blog about, but I have either been away from a computer or there are too many people around to just sit and write what's going on in my pretty little head. So instead of doing the assignment that is due in 6 1/2 hours I'm going to purge some thoughts from my brain. I hope you don't mind my momentary ADD... Here goes nothing:

In the past year I have noticed I gained an obsession for WAY too many TV shows. It's gotten to the point that it's embarrassing to list all the shows that I am addicted to. This instant I am hooked on Dexter, a close friend recently introduced me to the twisted world of Dexter and I'm beyond hooked! There's something intriguing about the surprise twists summing up each episode, leaving you craving more. In reality it just means they have really good writers. But it's not just the writers who make the show, but the actors definitely bring the show to life with their impecable talent - Michael Hall did just win a Golden Globe for his acting the other night. So overall the show is awesome. If you don't already watch it go find a way to download/stream/buy season 1 pronto!!! Trust me, it's worth it.

Just like many others out there, I have dreams, life goals...some might even call it a bucket list; except some days I feel as if there are so many aspects of life that I'm interested in that I'm just spinning in circles, unable to decide what to do first. About 3 years ago I found an article about some guys who made a list of 100 tasks they wanted to complete before they died, and they set out on a journey to do them. That article inspired me to do the same, except mine is for me personally - not a collaborative effort of friends. Well, now those guys are becoming famous on MTV coming out with a new show "The Buried Life" - showing them checking off each item on their list and the adventures involved. That's cool for them, but I feel like "but... wait... I did/am doing that too... huh?..." I bet people enjoy seeing the predicaments/adventures these boys encounter, and in return they help someone out everywhere they go, but at the same time I feel, that it's not fair because a lot of us have bucket lists!

Did you know that Time Magazine rated Flickr.com to be the best website of 2009? Guess who came in second... well you'll never guess this... it's California Coastline. I had actually never heard of this site before I found that article, but it's basically a man with a camera and a helicopter who has flown the coast of California and took pictures of it. It's so simple, it's amazing!

Well, there's actually a lot more going on in my noggin right now, but gravity is winning the war with my eyelids, so I should be a good kid, finish my homework and hit the sack... I don't know why I'm telling you this in detail, this isn't Twitter. haha :)
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment